Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Roller Coaster Ride!

I emailed back and forth a few times with Joe at Liftbridge Bookstore yesterday.  A great guy by the way who I'm proud to be working with.

As I explained yesterday, a woman went into the Liftbridge on Thursday, yelling and demanding that my book be removed from the display window and the shelves.  She said her name was Jane Lavell and she was suing for slander.  I'm not aware of any way one can sue a bookstore because of the books they stock, so I guess she intends to sue me.  Apparently, "Jane" didn't read the page warning page that explained some characters were fictional and some events had been fictionalized.

This is a good time to point out that I'm not aware of a Jane Lavell.  Curious, yes?

While I'm pleased to see my book getting attention and causing a stir (that's one reason writers write), it wasn't my intent to hurt anyone's feelings.  It's a book.  It's nothing more.  Take a chill pill, pour a glass of wine and relax.  If the book offends you, I have the perfect solution: Don't read it!  Wasn't that simple!

Kudos to the owners and staff of the Liftbridge for their continued support!  They are NOT going to remove the book from their window display NOR are they going to remove it from their shelves.  They're a bunch of badasses that way.  It gets better...they won't back down and we're still planning an Author's Afternoon at the store on Saturday, April 13th from 2-4pm!

They've generously given me permission to serve some homemade goodies as well as vino.  Oh yeah, vino, baby.  Please come out and show a local business how much we value them and appreciate their support!

I hope this second attempt to ban my book will light a fire under the butts of everyone in BrockVegas and send them running to the Liftbridge to buy my book as show of support!!

1 comment: