Monday, March 25, 2013

Humbled

I joined a website hosted by an independent author who created his site to help other indie authors share and market their work.  It's a great place to discover great books by authors like me who self-published and are struggling to get their book out there.  It's called INDIETRIBE.

Imagine if you will, my surprise when I received an email telling me my book was in the top ten "most popular" books that week.  It may not seem like much to you, but let me assure you, it rocked my world.  Out of the thousands of books on that site, mine was in the top ten!!   (In fact, it was number ten!)  That's enough to make my fat ass do flips.

What does that mean, you ask?  Well, stop interrupting and let me finish.

It's based on the number of clicks each book receives.  When someone clicks on a book, they're redirected to Amazon, where they can buy it.  The clicks are added up and the top ten list is developed.  Clearly, not every click results in a sale or I'd be even harder to live with than I am right now.

Here's the link to the site's top ten:
http://theindietribe.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/top-10-indie-books-march-24th-2013/

Raise a glass and cheers me!!  I'm celebrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment