Monday, April 1, 2013

Ups and Downs

Wow, we humans sure do love controversy and drama, am I right?!?  Hell, I know I do.  I'm betting you do, too, whether you'll admit it or not.

The day I posted about the crazed woman storming into the Liftbridge who demanded they remove my book and threatened a lawsuit, was the biggest day for this blog.  I see normally 5-15 hits/day but that day...wow!  You guys hit up this blog more often than a recently released convict hits up a hooker.  It made me proud.

But it quickly fizzled out and I'm wondering how to keep that level of interest going.  I'm trying to think of new ways to stir the proverbial plot.  Who shall I piss off next?

We still don't have confirmation about who the "Book Banning Bimbo" is, but we've ruled out my Mom.  Sorry, Mom, but I thought it might be you.  Triple B claimed to be "Jane Lavell" and my Mom is "Joan Lavell", so you can see why I thought perhaps it was my Mom, but after talking with her and my oldest brother, I'm convinced it's not.  (Quite a relief, actually.)  So that mystery continues, although we have another suspect.... my spies are hot her trail and I promise to keep you current on their reconnaissance.

I've been trying to reach out to book clubs because I'm confident this book is perfect for the book club scene.  It would be a great way to get it in the hands of several people who will hopefully then tell friends/family about it and well, you get the idea.  I've contacted so many Brockport/Rochester area clubs, as well as several in FL, with no response whatsoever.  Not even a, "no thank you".  Sheesh.

My attempts to connect with several African American book clubs were also unsuccessful.  I'm trying not to feel unworthy because of my fair skin and freckles.

Today I found some Catholic book clubs.  Hmmmm....perhaps my next goal will be to get "Confessions" into the hands of one of these groups.  Imagine how much fun that could be!  They might need therapy afterwards, but then again, maybe it'll give them that "Aha" moment that Oprah is so famous for talking about.  Speaking of Oprah, if anybody out there knows her and can convince her to ready my book (and admit to it!), there's something in it for you.  I'm not saying it'll be anything great, but it'll be something.


No comments:

Post a Comment