Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Taking Things Too Far

Tonight is my interview on Joey Naples' live radio show broadcast from The Postcard Inn at MM84 in Islamorada.  I'm doing a book signing after the interview and am pretty stoked about the whole bloody thing.  First off, Mr. Naples is a pretty funny guy who has some interesting Catholic school stories of his own.  Secondly, it's a great opportunity to promote my book and get my name out there.  Last but not least, it's the first time I get to wear my new habit in public.  This is where the title of the post comes into play.

Dougie Fresh (my husband for those of you who may not know the very serious Walter D.), was helping me with the head gear yesterday afternoon.  I was giving it a test drive and couldn't manage the veil on my own.  I was pretty damn excited about how great it looks.  Here's how it went:

Me:  "Isn't this thing great?!?!"

DougieFresh:  "Mmhm."

Me:  "What?  That's it?!?  This thing is awesome."  I may put my hands in the prayer position and given him my most holy of looks.

DougieFresh:  "Yeah, I guess."

Me:  "Huh?  Don't you like it?  I $%(#ing love it!"

DougieFresh:  "If you wanna know the truth, I think you're taking it a bit too far, but do what you want."

Can you say buzz-kill?

I went into our daughter's room wearing my habit, sure she'd laugh and offer her full support.  She looked me over from head to toe and said, "I don't let religious people in my room," and then looked the other way.

Guess what?  I'm wearing my habit anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment