Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How Have I Wronged Thee, Nook?

I don't know when or how it happened, but at some point along the way I seriously pissed off the Nook Gods.  Here we are, ten days after my book was supposed to become available on the Nook and .... no.  You cannot purchase "Confessions" on your Nook.  At least I can't do it on mine and I'm betting mine is not the only "Confessions"-challenged Nook out there.

Barnes & Noble (the Nook's Parents) are playing dumb.  They smile and tell me my book is available in paperback, which is lovely and reason to celebrate, but when I ask about the Nook version, they tell me they've requested that the author make it available in an e-reader form and are waiting for that author to comply.

That's when I bang my head against the wall and explain that I am the freaking author and I've uploaded the freaking file and it's freaking passed all of the content/formatting reviews and I'm just waiting for them to upload it to their freaking website.  They smile and tell me my book is available in paperback.

Can you say vicious cycle?  Can you say conspiracy?  Can you say "More Rum!"

No comments:

Post a Comment