Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blog Blitz!

An independent author named Y. Correa, with whom I've connected on Goodreads.com created a one-of-a-kind blog event.  She's calling it "All Author's Blog Blitz"!

Here's how she describes it:
"Imagine if you will, a small dot on a wall.  That small dot happens to grow a very thin thread of silk which then connects it to another dot just like it. Then another thread of silk, and another dot... thusly the dots and threads grow and connect to one another, creating an enormous web of dots. 

THIS is one of the ways that the internet works. One thing connects to another, which connects to another and in that way making them all easily searchable.


THIS is also the aim of the “All Authors Blog Blitz”.


My aim in doing this “All Authors Blog Blitz” is to make OUR WEB larger and more visible. I believe that if we work together that would be very possible. WE, just as the larger publishers, need to stick together. Work together. YOU alone, are just a single speck in a much larger web. However, US together, are a web of specks. Large and mighty."


Here's how it works, at least as I understand it.

I feature an indie author on my blog and a second indie author features me on theirs.  Think interviews, book reviews, giveaways...whatever we want to do to help showcase our work.

This blog event takes place June 15th and on that day, we will use FB, Twitter, Pinterest and whatever other media sights people use to spread the word.  It's our hope to create an explosion in the world of blogging.

Stay tuned...I'll be featuring Author Ross Harrison, who was born in Bath, UK - a place my daughter and I loved!  He now lives in Ireland...can you see how this relationship will work out?  We're countrymen!

Stay tuned to learn more about Ross and his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment