Sunday, May 5, 2013

Greedy

I realized this morning as I contemplated how the hell to get my book into the hands of book clubs across the nation, that I am a greedy person.  I WANT MORE!

There, I said it.  I'm not ashamed.  Perhaps I should be, but I'm not.

Last month was the best month yet (in terms of sales) for my book, but I'm not satisfied.  I want May to surpass April and June to surpass May and, well, you get the idea.  If that makes me a bad person, then print me a label and I'll proudly wear it.  I know I've done far worse than feel greed.  Far worse.

I'm still unable to break the book club code.  How do I reach the thousands of clubs out there and get them to read my book?  I saw a comment regarding my book on Goodreads, indicating it had been chosen by a book club several weeks ago - and that made my week, by the way - but I'm fairly certain they chose my book because at least one of the members knows me.  That's not to say I'm ungrateful, so don't go twisting my words around to make me look more like an ass than I already do.  Believe me, I don't need your help pissing people off.

Now where was I?  Oh, right.  I'm thrilled that at least one club chose my book!  Here comes that greed again....how do I make it happen again?  And again?  And again?  You with me?

Feel free to shower me with your sage advice.  Please also feel free to pimp my book to anyone and everyone.  Pimping has gotten a bad rap, but I promise, pimp away.  It's okay.  Pimps are people too.

1 comment:

  1. You threaten to burn down their houses and sell their children to the highest bidder :D

    ReplyDelete