Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Major Breakthrough!

It happened!  My book has finally made it into the hands of a book club!  I don't know anything about the club, like how many members belong or how often they meet or whether they drink wine while they discuss books, but I do know a book club is reading it!  That is a major breakthrough and I'm so damn excited I'm dancing in my chair.  (My dogs are suspicious, by the way.)

How did I find out?  I was about to tell you that but I was bustin' a move.

I saw that my friend Chrisa "liked" a book review of "Confessions of a Catholic School Dropout" on Goodreads.com, which if you're not familiar with it, is the world's largest site for book readers and their recommendations.  Clicking on the link, I read the review of a lovely person named Dawn, who said she couldn't wait to discuss my book "at book club with the ladies".  That's when the chair dancing began.  Get your mind out of the gutter.  I didn't say lap dance or table dance, I said chair dance.  It's perfectly innocent.

This really is a huge thing for me.  I wish I could explain it but I can't so you'll have to trust me.  It's a huge thing for me.

My sincere thanks to the ladies of the book club, whoever you are.  Thank you for choosing my book.  I hope it makes you laugh and feel good.  I welcome your brutally honest feedback and if you like it, I hope you'll tell everyone you know about it.  My readers are my most valued (and appreciated) marketers.

Back to the chair dancing everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This story was made for a bookclub. Some of your highly intellectual relatives (who can read) that shall remained unnamed started an impromptu book club with your Confessions book on a recent trip to the East Coast. With only 1 book in our possession at the time, quality reading time was quite difficult. The book arrived on Wednesday and I was able to finish it on the plane the day after Easter. Although I have finished the book, I am waiting for the others to receive their copies of the book so the "Circle of Knowledge" Book Club can critique, snicker, slander, cry, question and gaffaw over your piece of work - speaking of....YOU are a piece of work. So although, the Circle of Knowledge Book Club would like to take credit for being the first official bookclubbers of your book, I confess we cannot take credit because we were never really an official bookclub to begin. Sister Cousin Patti - Congratulations on the book and I will be both disturbed and pleased - forever - as a result of your story. It was one that needed to be told (minus the sacriligious parts). Love you, JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't begin to describe the pictures running through my head as I picture a small group of my Magin Family turning the pages of my book, wearing an evil grin while digging in their nose. I'm sure I've accurately guessed exactly who belongs to this impromptu Circle of Knowledge Book Club, because, let's be honest, there aren't many of you who can read.

    Oh wait, we're talking about the Magins, not the Lavells. Sorry.

    I anxiously await feedback from the soon-to-be-famous Circle of Knowledge (COK), as long as it's glowing. Keep the negative crap to yourselves or I'll give your cell numbers and email addresses to all of my Lavell cousins.

    Seriously, Judy, your support and kind words mean more than you can imagine. I hope each member of the COK is moved.

    I love you, Judy Magin Brocato.

    ReplyDelete