Sunday, April 7, 2013

Take That!

Now that the identities of the Book Banning Bimbo and her sidekick have been revealed, I need to figure out how to deal with them.  They are both first cousins - their Dads were brothers with my Dad - we're not super close but out of all of my Lavell cousins, they're some of the ones I know the best/have spent the most time with.

What's weird is that neither of their fathers makes an appearance in the book, not really.  One of the characters has the same first name as one of my cousin's dad, but that's where the similarity ends.  The other one....well, I really can't understand that one at all.  She doesn't have a dog in this fight.  Maybe she doesn't like to laugh.  I mean, after all, she is a Lavell.  They aren't funny people.

I thought about calling each of them to find out what's bothering them.  I first considered email but was wisely  counseled by another Lavell cousin not to put anything in writing to either of them because they obviously have a couple of screws loose and might try to use an email against me.  I've pretty much decided to ignore them.  Or perhaps send them an autographed copy.  I'm still on the fence.

On a more positive note....my book is again in the top ten most popular books on INDIETRIBE, a website for readers to find/authors to share self-published books.  Guess what?  This week, it's number FIVE!  Check it out:

http://theindietribe.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/top-10-indie-books-april-7th-2013/

Shameless bragging?  I guess that's exactly what it is but after the lack of love from the Book Banners, it feels great to know there are those who seem to like my book.  Take that, you bitter old book banners!  Why don't you pull whatever is stuck up your butt out and laugh a little.  I promise it won't kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment