Friday, April 5, 2013

Book Banner Unmasked!

The Book Banning Bimbo (BBB) made another appearance at the Liftbridge Bookstore earlier this week.  She's a persistent hater, I've gotta give her that.  She doesn't give up quietly and slink away into the night.  Not her.

This time she wasn't alone.  She came with an accomplice claiming to be her sister and they told my very reliable source they want the book removed because it's full of lies about "their father".  Hmm....  that narrows the pool considerably, doesn't it?

This is just one reason why I think this book is so well-suited for book clubs....members can discuss (among other things) who they each think the BBB and her sister could be and how best to deal with them.  I mean, what's next, are they gonna start handing out pamphlets outside the bookstore?  Are they gonna tell the pastor at Nativity?  What's their motive?

I'm waiting to hear news of a lawsuit, but so far it's quiet on the western front.  Or northern front, I guess, considering where I live.  All the crazy book banners are far to the north.  No one on this palm tree studded island bans books.  Everyone here is laid back and seems to realize a book is just that.  It's a book.  Pour a margarita, kick back in the sand and read something else, Ms. BBB and sister!

Where's me flask?




No comments:

Post a Comment