Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Your Wish is My Command

Well, I did it!  Enough of you requested a traditional, paperback book that I bit the bullet and answered your call.  They're being printed as I type!

I spent several days reformatting the file to conform to Amazon's specifications in order to convert the e-book to a "real" book.  What a royal pain in the ass and I've no doubt several more grey hairs on my head as a reward for my work.  Miss Clairol is paying me a visit later today to help with that.

SO....within a week's time, you'll be able to order a paperback version of "Confessions" from Amazon.com. A few words of warning:

 - the cover of the "real" book is different than that of the e-book because the photo I used didn't meet their printing standards.  I was unable to convert it/improve it, so I had to substitute the photo.  Since I had to change the photo, I changed the rest of the cover to mesh well with the new photo.  I like the result and hope you will too.

- I fear that when you search Amazon.com for "Confessions of a Catholic School Dropout", you'll get two results; the e-book and the paperback.  Please be careful when making your selection.  The e-book has a dark cover, it's the screen in the Confessional that separates sinner from priest.  The paperback is much lighter and the cover is the interior of a church, highlighting the stained glass windows.

 - This is what's bothering me the most.  The price of the paperback is $11.00.  No shit, that's a lot for a paperback!  Unlike with e-books, Amazon sets the minimum price an author can charge, based on the shipping channels the author wants to use, the size of the book, production and distribution costs.  The least Amazon will let me charge is $10.83 based on those variables.  I raised to an even $11.00, recognizing it's quite expensive, but because I'm self-publishing, self-marketing, self-producing, etc. my hands are tied by corporate Amazon.  Highway robbery, I'm afraid.

I hope everyone understands that the pricing is out of my control and you don't write letters to Santa suggesting he put me on the naughty list.  I'm doing the best I can here, people.

I did it!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment