Saturday, December 22, 2012

Great People

I met some great people last night at Wahoo's before, during and after the radio show.  Host Captain Bill Kelly made me feel like we've known each other for years and before I knew it, my ten minute segment grew to forty!  He's a humorous guy with a knack for putting others at ease.

His co-host last night was George Speerin, a retired fireman I've known for a couple of years.  Soft spoken and kind, George is an easy guy to like.  His lovely wife, Nancy Saxe, is our vet.  She comes to house for routine check-ups, shots, etc. and even Bear likes her.  That's saying something.

Then there's Joey Naples, a Guido from NY.  What a character!  He, too, has an easy way about him and is quick to laugh.  His son, Joey Naples, was also there.  Joey Squared.  Joe Jr. is a Broadway star.

The radio show was a good time.  We drank beer and laughed about hairy nuns, Catholic school beatings and confusion about various Catholic Sacraments.  All of the guys had been through Catholic school at one time, so they had no problem relating to the book.

Bill Kelly remembered reading about the walk across England Lauren and I did last June and we spent several minutes talking about it.  After the show went off the air, he said he'd like to have  Lauren and I on his show in about a month to talk about our Coast to Coast Walk!  How exciting.  I wonder how Lauren will react?

It got even better.  Joe Naples does a live radio show on Wednesday nights from Holiday Isle and offered to set up a book signing during his show.  He said he'll record a blurb that'll air for about a week before the event and then he'll have me on the show and I can do a book signing.  I really don't know what to expect, but I'm so honored by the offer.

These men do what they can to support and promote locals - businesses, musicians, artists and writers.  They support them all and I for one, and grateful for that support!

Thanks guys!  I appreciate all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment