Thursday, February 21, 2013

Who Knew It Would Be So Hard?

I thought formatting the book for publication by Amazon was difficult.  Ha!  That was a walk in the park compared to trying to market the goddamn thing.  Self-publishing is a lonely road and I'm stranded.

How to get the word out?  A girl can only Facebook so many times before her "friends" tell her to piss up a rope.  Same goes for Twitter, which I can't stand anyway.  Tweet that.

I'm trying to get a book club or fifty interested.  I think convincing a stranger to let me do a mammogram might be easier and perhaps less frustrating.  Okay, maybe not but you get the idea.

What am I missing?!?

2 comments:

  1. There was a piece on CBS Sunday Morning show a few weeks ago about self publishing and showed several of the highly successful writers. I believe it covered some of the how to aspects of getting the books noticed.

    I could shamelessly push the book on by blog, but with my limited readers that would be yet another drop in the bucket:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every drop in the bucket helps! It all starts with one person and maybe that person is you!

      Safe travels!! Happy Birthday to your Dad!

      Delete