Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Amazon's Reign is Almost Over

Guess what?  Amazon's ninety days of exclusive publishing rights is almost over.  That's part of the deal when self-publishing through Amazon; authors can't publish the book through other channels for ninety days. What that really means is that "Confessions" was available as an ebook on the Kindle only, allowing Amazon to capitalize on a new publication.

In six days time, "Confessions" will be available for the Nook, Sony, Palm Pilot, Apple, Kobo, Stanza, PDF for laptops, and every other ebook format known to man.  Yay for me.

In theory, this will mean increased sales because not everyone in the world owns/want to own a Kindle (sorry Amazon).  However, the book's been also available as a paperback since early December (Amazon had no power to prevent me from creating a paperback), so I'm not sure if this will really make a noticeable difference.

A girl can dream.  And I do.  Frequently and hard.  You wouldn't believe some of the shit I dream, but that's fodder for a different blog.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment