Friday, March 20, 2015

While I Wait

While I try to find project to keep me occupied while I search for a literary agent, I stumbled upon what I believe is a great idea. I'll write a cook book! Why the hell not, right? The world could never have enough cook books. I read them the way other people read novels. Why not make my own?

The tricky part is what specifically to focus on? My first thought was trying to recreate favorite recipes from my travels, but I'm not exactly a globe-trotter. I don't think the result would be global enough to appeal. Then I considered knock-off recipes of my favorite restaurant dishes, but that's been done and done ad nauseam, plus I don't really like to go out to eat. I'd rather cook at home.

Then it hit me. Why not a cook book dedicated to CHEESE? Wait, it gets better.

Lightening struck and I thought, how about a book packed only with BEER recipes? Wait for it.

How about a book that celebrates all things BEER AND CHEESE?!? Hallelujah, that's it.

Stop shaking your head. Beer and cheese are what make this crazy world go 'round. Copernicus knew this to be true and now you do as well.

Feel free to make suggestions, submit recipes or pictures, or scoff. It shall be a glorious book the likes of which have never been imagined. OOOOOOO!!! How about scratch and sniffs?!?! Imagine a scratch and sniff picture of a steaming loaf of hot bread made with beer and Irish cheddar....

I've got work to do!

1 comment:

  1. At least think about mentioning wine, that way it would cover two of our important food groups:) Scratch and sniff is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete