Monday, September 23, 2013

A Reading From the Book According to...

I was really excited (and surprised!) when asked by A Different Path Gallery, of Brockport, NY, to do a book reading.  Of course I immediately said yes.  Duh.

That was April.  It is now late September.  The reading is in October.  It's becoming more of a reality and I'm getting worked up.  All in good ways, I assure you.

The very lovely Christine Green is organizing the event, and what an event it promises to be!  It's to be held on the 28th of October as a costume party!  Get this; special prizes will be awarded to those wearing religious vestments!!  I love how the gallery is embracing the humorous backdrop of the book.  Life is too short for stuffy, serious literary readings.  At least if I'm involved.

The event is free to the public and ...hello, we'll be drinking wine.  Not that crap they serve from the altar, either.

So as I iron my habit and count my Rosary beads, I contemplate what passages to share with those in attendance.  I doubt they will be a very religious crowd.  God help them if they are.  I suspect at least of handful of them will have already read the book and are familiar with Patti Anne and her Aunt Elizabeth.

I believe the plan is to drink wine and talk for a bit, then have a reading followed by more wine and then another reading.  The event is slotted for two hours...

I'm asking you to share your thoughts about what passages to choose.  I am at a loss and relying on your wisdom to guide me.

Good thing I have a sense of humor...

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the funniest scenes from the book was the whole wedding bowls passage! I dont know if I could read it out loud with out shooting wine out my nose.

    ReplyDelete