Monday, December 16, 2013

Feeling Special

I just found out that out of over one hundred submissions, I was chosen as one of the thirty authors to participate in a book festival at Rochester Central Library (about 15 miles east of my hometown).  I consider that a pretty cool accomplishment.

The day begins with some workshops in self-publishing (those would have probably been helpful to me a year ago!) and then from 2:30 - 4:30pm, all of the authors set up in the Kate Gleason Auditorium to sell books.  Where better to sell books than at a library, right?!  Seems like the perfect crowd, except maybe for setting up a table in the vestibule of a Catholic church....

I'll be in full nunnery, of course.  I've grown quite attached to my habit.  Would it bother you to know that I sometimes wear it around the house, late in the evenings...carrying a glass of red wine.  Its very comfortable and makes me feel good.  My husband pretends not to notice but I sometimes catch him giving me a sideways glance.  When that happens, I bow my head and pretend to bless him from across the room.


1 comment: