Monday, June 17, 2013

Something's Gotta Give

I continue to bang my head against the book club wall, trying to break its mysterious, allusive code.  I spend a portion of every day reaching out to clubs, recommending my book for a future reading, and every day I tell myself it's just a matter of time.  Eventually, one of those clubs will latch onto "Confessions" and then we're off!  Right?

I'm convinced this approach to marketing/sales is a damn good idea, but every few days those nasty boys Doubt and Frustration stop by and drip their unpleasant vibes all over my mood, threatening to make me give up.  But guess what?  That day is NOT today!

This evening, a little glimmer of hope hit my inbox.  The coordinator of a NYC-based book club asked me if I'd be willing to do an "author appearance and book signing" if they choose my book for an upcoming reading.

I need to take a moment to breath before I continue.  My heart is beating through my chest and my bladder is threatening to let go.  (By the way, when I hit the big time, one of the first things I'm buying is a new bladder because the one I'm using thinks we're 80 years old.)

Yes, I realize the club hasn't selected my book and yes, I realize it may amount to nothing, BUT!  the coordinator's interest was peaked sufficiently to make her ask the question.  That alone is enough to keep me keeping on.

Please keep your fingers, arms, legs and eyes crossed - as well as whatever other miscellaneous parts you have capable of following suit - that I may have finally made a break thorough!!!  Don't worry about how you look.  Vanity is one of the seven deadly sins.

Stop sinning and cross your parts!


5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the book club! If I crossed all those body parts, I would never move again:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with that Book Club Ms. Lavell. I'm going to see if my first book gets into my local Book Club.

    Speaking of which, are you going to write anymore books after "Confessions of a Catholic School Dropout", or you'll be stuck with it. I ask such because I think you're writing has some potential. Granted it's nowhere near the works Hemingway or Dickens or Lovecraft, but its better than some writers.

    Signed,

    -A Catholic School Nationalist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edward, for the backhanded compliment! I see what Catholic School has done to you.

      Seriously, I do appreciate your encouragement and YES! I'm working on another book...two actually. I'm not sure how one goes about writing two books at a time, but that's what's happening.

      Bet your hymnal that I'll keep you posted on this blog.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Ms. Lavell, I'm just one of these people who really love do Catholic Education and show a desire towards improving it. I believe it's about time us Catholic School Kids undergo an epiphany, a profound moral transformation into a much better personal self.

      By the way, what is it when you mean that Catholic Education has "Done something to me" anyway? Please inquire more about that because I sort of not understanding what you mean by that.

      signed,

      -A Catholic School Nationalist

      Delete