Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Controversy in my Hometown

Oh shit, it's apparently hitting the fan in Brockport, NY.  That's my hometown and the setting for 98% of the book.  Apparently, "Confessions" has ruffled some feathers.  Imagine that!

The kind owners of the Liftbridge Bookstore in my hometown have agreed to nice little consignment arrangement and my book has been on the shelves for less than three weeks.  Rumor has it that an anonymous caller demanded my book be removed from the shelves because it's "full of lies" about her family.  Her.  Her family.

Dum dum dum.

An angry female whose family was featured sufficiently enough to anger her.  Hmmmm.....

Who do you suppose it is?


2 comments:

  1. I think Anneke can guess:) She is only a couple of dozen pages into the book(it arrived just a few days ago) but she mentioned something about a comment in the preamble that you hoped a certain someone would find it funny:) I guess not:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your guess is correct, however, she swears it wasn't her...

      Delete